Friday, May 22, 2020

Death/ मौत


Death

 

Ask me why life is pain

and love is a painful still

Ask me what is life and what is death,

for I have died from inside

time and again-

Each time getting up from my stinking, rotting corpse,

Each time my ghost crossing lanes

like a shadow,

my lifeless contents swearing

for no more births and deaths

 

Ask me how I stammer

inside my ancestral body

when I doubt my birth, my existence,

when the Aryan and Dravidian

bloods flow together

in my vein, stinging my

cells, and my bones

Loading me alone a route I've never known before

Time takes me to the darker paths of death,

But at each turn I near life, I whisper life,

Like a spectral flame you vanish-Death!

 

You can not believe death dear,

Can you, that my soul wanders

in deserts and civilizations,

That I am alone, alone, all alone

and I miss myself within meridians

I wish I were mellow like mercury,

I were the queen in your kingdom,

the kingdom of death-

the paragon of virtue, beauty, mystery,

I were rather, I wish,

the hooded snake,

stirring up the dust of life-

this life of dry sands and mirages.

Ask me my dear-the only one-

to suck the nectar from

your poisonous breast,

and die this melodramatic, melodious

death the medium to

wake up eternally from these moments

of everyday kill,

where death's ferrous fingers

will pull the remaining hopes to live

from my green skull.

 

Not knowing your language

Dear.;

I translate you into my boiling, bleeding heart,

I kiss your eyes, dear,

your lips gone black, caress your burnt cheeks

and creep to your body

like serpent/ Satan creeping to the apple bough,

like Leda creeping to Swan,

like Draupadi's long dark hair

creeping to her sensuous, aromatic body,

like dreams creeping to eyes in veiled nights.

 

Ask me to reveal the mystery

of experiencing you, death,

petal by petal-

now my senses going, and

now going to inner visions,

now my dreams dying, and

now stammering my words, my poetry;

now my hands waving to wakeful stars,

now wailing my breasts-sinking.

Death, dear

Turn inward, scrape the bottom of your past,

Seek your throne in the thorns

of my rotten body—the hell,

my decaying mind-the gall

my falling breath-the gasp.

 

 

In my midnight musings

come dear,

touch me, feel me,

and let me feel the loss of,

love of this life -

I never once received.

It's time now...

Let you and me scrape home

with passions, older and

more sensuous that the stones of Konark

in this immobile pelagic city -

I have never once escaped !!



मौत

मुझसे पूछिए जिंदगी कष्टदायक क्यों है ?

और प्रेम भी दर्दनाक अब तक ?

मुझसे पूछिए क्या होती है जिंदगी और मौत?

क्योंकि मैं भीतर से मर चुकी हूँ

बार-बार

हर बार उठती हूँ अपनी सड़ती हुई दबूदार लाश से,

हर बार मेरा भूत पार करता है गलियां

छाया की तरह,

शपथ खाते हैं मेरे निर्जीव अंग

और कभी नहीं लेंगे जन्म

 

 

मुझसे पूछिए कैसे तुतलाती  हूँ  मैं

अपने पैतृक शरीर के भीतर

जब मुझे अपने जन्म और अस्तित्व पर

संदेह होता है

जब आर्य और द्रविड़ रक्त

बहने लगता है मेरी नसों में

चुने लगता है मेरी कोशिकाओं में

और मेरी अस्थियां मुझे उस रास्ते पर 

ले जाती हैंजिसकी मुझे पहले जानकारी नहीं थी

समय मुझे खींचता है मौत के अंधेरे रास्तों पर

मगर हर मोड़ पर मैं जीवन को नजदीक पाता हूँ

मैं जीवन बुदबुदाता हूँ  

और तुम सप्तरंगी लौ की तरह बुझ जाती हो- मौत!

 

 

तुम मौत का विश्वास नहीं कर सकते हो, प्रिय

क्या मान सकते हो कि मेरी आत्मा भटकती है

रेगिस्तान और सभ्यताओं में?

क्योंकि मैं अकेली हूँअकेलीपूरी तरह  से अकेली

और मैं अपने आपको देशांतरों में खोजती हूँ

काशमैं भी पारे की तरह मधुर होती

मौत के साम्राज्य में-

सद्गुणसौंदर्य और रहस्य का अनोखा उदाहरण बन

बल्कि मैं  फनधारी 

सांपिन होती

जीवन की धूल को खंगालती-

सूखी रेत और मरीचिका वाला जीवन

 

पूछिए मुझसे मेरे प्रिय केवल एक बात-

तुम्हारी विषैली छाती से 

अमृत सोखकर

मधुर नाटकीय मौत मरना-

जो प्रतिदिन मरने से तो बेहतर है

शाश्वत जागने का माध्यम बन 

जहां मौत की लौह-अंगुलियां

मेरी जीवित खोपड़ी से

जीवन की बची-खुची आशाओं को खींच लेती है। 

 

तुम्हारी भाषा नहीं जानते हुए भी, प्रिय

मैं तुम्हारा मेरे रक्ताक्त उबलते हृदय में अनुवाद करती हूँ

चूमती हूँ  मैं तुम्हारी आंखें, प्रिय

तुम्हारे काले अधरदग्ध गाल

और रेंगने लगती हूँ तुम्हारे शरीर पर

सेब पेड़ की शाखाओं पर शैतान सांप की तरह

हंस पर लेडा की  तरह 

द्रोपदी के सुगंधित शरीर पर उसके लंबे बालों की तरह

घुंघट भरी रातों में आंखों में उतरते सपनों की तरह

 

मौत ! मुझसे पूछिए प्रकट करने को

तुम्हें अनुभूत करने के रहस्य को

पंखुड़ी-दर-पंखुड़ी

मेरी इंद्रियां शिथिल हो रही है 

 मैं अपने भीतर झांक रही हूँ

 अब मेरे सपने मर रहे हैं

 अब मेरे शब्द, मेरी कविता लड़खड़ा रही है

 अब मेरे हाथ चमकते सितारों की तर हिल रहे हैं

अब मेरी छाती रुद्ध हो रही है, डूब रही है।

 

प्रिय मौत !

भीतर मुड़कर, खुरोंच दो अपने अतीत के निम्नतम हिस्से को

 तलाशो काँटों में अपना सिंहासन

 मेरे सड़े हुए नारकीय शरीर का

 मेरे जीर्ण-शीर्ण मस्तिष्क का

 मेरी हाँफती हुई अंतिम सांसों का

 

 मेरी अर्ध रात्रि के चिंतन

 आ जाओ प्रिय !

 स्पर्श करो मुझे, महसूस करो मुझे

 इसकी हानि महसूस होने दो मुझे

इस जीवन का प्यार-

जो कभी मुझे मिला नहीं ।

 

 अभी भी वक्त है...

 खंगालना शुरू करें तुम और मैं

 अपना घर जुनून के साथ

 इस अचल समुंद्री शहर में

 आकर्षक पुरातन कोणार्क के पत्थर,

 जिससे मैं एक बार भी बच नहीं पाई


No comments:

Post a Comment

अधूरे जगन्नाथ क्यों? / Lord Jagannath, the God with half-done Limbs

Lord Jagannath,  the God with half-done Limbs When my words are overcooked in the double-tongued obscurity of the opaque heart I wonder what...