Friday, May 22, 2020

SWIMMING AGAINST THE TIDE / ज्वार के विपरीत तैरना

SWIMMING AGAINST THE TIDE


I swim against the tide.
If not anything else, at least
I am a better swimmer!
I have the total control of
my life
for better or worse.
Unorthodox and unapologetic
facing life with glee
I swim.
I have become an expert
at the game.
I call them colonizers
who keep me ever dependent.
And chum
who toss me in the tide.
After all
the friendly ebb awaits
at the end.

 

ज्वार के विपरीत तैरना

मैं ज्वार के विपरीत तैरती हूँ  
कुछ ज्यादा नहीं तो
कम से कम एक अच्छी तैराक तो हूँ।  

मेरा अपनी जिंदगी पर पूरा नियंत्रण है
चाहे अच्छा हो या बुरा।  

रूढ़िहीन, क्षमायाचना हीन
डटकर जीवन का सामना करती हूँ
मैं तैरती हूँ
मैंने महारत हासिल की है
इस खेल में।  

मैं उन्हें उपनिवेशक कहती हूँ  
जो मुझे हमेशा पराधीन रखना चाहते हैं
और उन्हें दोस्त
जो मुझे ज्वार में उछाल देते हैं

आखिरकार
मित्रनुमा भाटा प्रतीक्षा करता है
अंत में।

No comments:

Post a Comment

अधूरे जगन्नाथ क्यों? / Lord Jagannath, the God with half-done Limbs

Lord Jagannath,  the God with half-done Limbs When my words are overcooked in the double-tongued obscurity of the opaque heart I wonder what...