Friday, May 22, 2020

Dreaming the Horrible / भयानक सपना

Dreaming the Horrible

These days I see horrible dreams,
Last night I dreamed my past
following me like an inevitable ghost
of fate.
I was the still, central eye of
that whirlpool called life
with past swirling and swirling
embracing me breathless, sweating.
These days I see horrible dreams.
May be because
I love dancing with the wounds of time
challenging the past on the chessboard of life.
May be because I yearn to win the war
I have set out for
Or else
because I am fairly certain of a future
metamorphosed by the changing hues of the present.
I passionately, secretly, womanly love
swirling, breathlessly sweating
and dreaming the horrible.


भयानक सपना
इन दिनों मुझे आता है भयानक स्वप्न
विगत रात मुझे ऐसा ही आया एक सपन
अपने अतीत का
जो कर रहा था मेरा अनुसरण
अपरिहार्य भाग्य का भूत बन। 
मैं शांत थी
बन भंवर का अधिकेंद्र -
जिसे कहा जाता है जीवन
खा रही थी अतीत में गोते
और गोताखोरी  मुझे गले लगा, कर रही थी
श्वासहीन और पसीने से तरबतर । 

इन दिनों मुझे भयानक सपने आते हैं
शायद इसलिए कि
मुझे पसंद है समय के घावों के साथ नाचना
और जीवन की बिसात पर अपने अतीत को चुनौती देना
शायद मैं युद्ध जीतने के लिए संघर्ष कर रही हूं
या तो मैंने सोच लिया है
या फिर
मुझे भविष्य की कोई चिंता नहीं है
जो वर्तमान के बदलते रंगों में कायांतरित हो रही है। 
भावुकतावश नारी-प्रेम में
आड़ोलितश्वसनहीनपसीने से लथपथ
चुपचाप भयानक सपने देख रही हूं। 

No comments:

Post a Comment

अधूरे जगन्नाथ क्यों? / Lord Jagannath, the God with half-done Limbs

Lord Jagannath,  the God with half-done Limbs When my words are overcooked in the double-tongued obscurity of the opaque heart I wonder what...