Friday, May 22, 2020

Song of the Kondh Woman / कंध महिला का गीत

Song of the Kondh Woman

I think I have seen
that face of the smothered one
from your pylon.
I am that tribal woman
the kondh woman.
I am seventy years old, perhaps;
I have no date of birth
no intrepid to concede the fact
that I live
with no history, no recorded language,
no home, no address book,
no scour, no pencil, no clock,
no pocket hanky,
no blanket, no bed, no corkscrew,
no stonewashed clothes, no detergent,
no key, no tobacco bag,
no jewels; only an
unchecked eyesore about
my ancillary idols.
My ancestors
the participants in the game
are waiting for the trophy
since years.

Still I sing the song
of the happy heart;
I decline to estimate tears.
My mouth refuses to speak
but I am in no mood
to switch to the mouth
from which I exploded
to be no lava nor larva
of a transformed existence.



16कंध  महिला का गीत

याद आ रहा है मुझे
देखा था कभी मैंने तुम्हारे गवाक्ष से
घूँघट के पीछे छुपा एक बुझा चेहरा 


मैं ही हूँ वह आदिवासी महिला
कंध  जाति की
शायद सत्तर साल की,
मेरी कोई जन्मतिथि नहीं
तथ्य को स्वीकार करने में संकोच नहीं
कि मेरा कोई इतिहास नहीं
कोई लिपिबद्ध मेरी भाषा नहीं,
मेरा कोई घर नहीं,
मेरा कोई अता-पता नहीं,
मेरा कोई परिमार्जन नहीं,
मेरे पास कोई पेंसिल नहीं
कोई घड़ी नहीं,
कोई जेब नहीं,
कोई कंबल नहींकोई बिस्तर नहींकोई पेंचकश नहीं,
कोई जींस के कपड़े नहींकोई डिटर्जेंट नहीं,
कोई चाबी नहींकोई तंबाकू की थैली नहीं,
कोई गहने नहीं
केवल है मेरे पास
मेरी सहायक प्रतिमाओं 
के बारे में तुम्हारा अविश्वास

अनेक सालों की राशि
इस खेल के प्रत्याशी
मेरे पूर्वजों की आशा  
एक दिन पूर्ण होगी इच्छा 

फिर भी मैं गाती हूँ गीत
खुश रहो सदैव मेरे मीत ;
कैसे गिनूँ मैं अपने दुख ?
मना करता है मेरा मुख
नहीं होता है मेरा मन  
कैसे फेरूँ अपने नयन ?
जिससे बनूँ मैं न ज्वाला
न लावा,  न ही लार्वा
एक परिवर्तित अस्तित्व का

No comments:

Post a Comment

अधूरे जगन्नाथ क्यों? / Lord Jagannath, the God with half-done Limbs

Lord Jagannath,  the God with half-done Limbs When my words are overcooked in the double-tongued obscurity of the opaque heart I wonder what...